Monday, April 16, 2007


Thank you Debbie Macomber

It is so nice when people not only like your work but let the world know that they like it. I just read the newest book in the Blossom Street series by Debbie Macomber called Back to Blossom Street. It involves characters that are old friends and new ones in the kind of story that Debbie write so well about the "family" of knitters whose lives are as intertwined as their knitting. Debbie chose to feature 10 designers or teachers by quoting them at the beginning of selected chapters. I was honored to be part of this group. So get the book and read a great story and find my quote.

I have made a delightful discovery that is helping me keep my sanity while knitting sweaters, designing, writing and marketing. That discovery is the world of the Knitting Podcast!!! What a delight I had when a friend, who had encouraged me to start a My Space page, list on her site a podcast interview. When I clicked to listen, I felt like Alice falling down the hole into Wonderland. There are wonderful podcasts out there that talk about knitting as well as tons of other subjects. Those who create these shows are relaxed and informative either interviewing experts or chatting about their latest project. All you have to do is download Itunes into your computer, type in knitting under podcasts and voila! A treasure of listening is yours. Knit Cast, Pointy Sticks and Stash and Burn are the ones I've been listening to as I crochet seam together or knit a sleeve, since these are all on knitting and I have so many more to explore.

The podcast that got me started takes all forms of crafts and interviews experts in each field as well as authors on these subjects. It is called Craftcast with Alison Lee. I am a knitter both by love and profession, but I am interested in all types of crafts (if only there were enough hours in the day). Alison brings us various crafters to talk about the why as well as the how behind their work and because of her own curiosity about each one, makes for an entertaining and informative show. Take some time and listen.

Knit Biz Bloggers

List |

Previous |

Next |

Random

Powered by RingSurf

No comments: