Monday, March 19, 2007



Back from Westminster and Creating New Designs

Hi,

Well, I really enjoyed showing everyone my sweaters the Kanine Knits booth at Westminster Kennel Club. Our group of artists and designers were located in the lower lobby of the Hotel Pennsylvania and a good time was had by all. We had a chance to visit with the top dogs in the country and their owners, plus make friends with all who worked the show. Many people wanted sweaters knit showing their winners.

Westminster was a time of joy and sorrow. Right before I left for the show I had to put down my Ari, Westernesse Aragorn Karu, CGC, TDI who had gotten ill. Ari was a special dog, my closest companion, a dog loved by all and kind to all. He helped raise the puppies, marched in parades, worked in threapy but most of all, listened to me when I just needed unquestioning support. He would have been eleven years old this month and I really miss him.

Made a new friend in Nikki Wharton-Eby an artist who created a fantastic sketch while people watched. She is extremely talented. http://www.nikarl.com/wst_page7.html

I managed to come down with my worst cold in years the day after the show and spent the next four weeks coughing. Not a good way to end an event

I’m coming into the home stretch on The Crafty Golden Retriever – Knits and I’m trying to get both the Newfoundland and Corgi books put together. They all filled with tons of patterns as well as stories of the dogs having fun.

Two new designs that will be added to the collection of pattern designs available at the Kanine Knits Website http://www.kanineknits.com/kanine_knits_knitting_patterns.htm are for the Australian Terrier and the Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen.

I’ve set up a My Space site so that another generation will find out about these dog designs. Take a peek. It’s located at http://www.myspace.com/kanineknitsdesigns . It took me longer to set it up than it would a teenager. Even though I work in html all the time, this host was a challenge. However after a few days, I think I’ve got what I want.

Anyone in New England who is planning on attending the Spring Cluster of dog shows at the Eastern States Exposition over the Easter weekend, come by the Kanine Knits booth and visit. Infodog’s page with information about the three shows is http://www.infodog.com/prm/1581/prm1581.htm. I’d love to meet you, especially knitters who love dogs.

No comments: