Friday, November 28, 2008

Peggy at The Big E


It has been a while since I posted but lots has been happening at Kanine Knits. I have been writing multiple books, getting patterns converted to pdf's, working the booth at the Big E, which for people who are not in New England, is a six state fair held for 17 days in September, and generally being busy but happy.

When I got back from my trip to California for Book Expo America, I began working on more ways to let people know about my books and patterns. As I mentioned in my last post, I set up multiple blogs with information appropriate to each breed, and I worked on making specific patterns into downloadable pdf files so that people could get them quickly without having to wait for the patterns to arrive in the mail. So now each Kanine Knit Pattern is available in either form.

Then came the push to get the booth ready at the Big E. This fair is huge, and I was on a committee to put together a large booth withing the Connecticut Building where authors from the state could exhibit their books. Needless to say, this took time and planning, but it was a complete success and on the days that I worked the booth, I met knitter from all over the eastern US. Even the governor of Connecticut, Jodi Rell, came to see my books and talk about her son's Labrador Retriever.

Of course when I wasn't at the Big E or elsewhere marketing my books, I was gathering materials for the ones that I'm writing now. The one nearing completion is the Corgi book. It has taken a while to gather photos of these wonderful Pembrokes and Cardigans at work and having fun, but that book should be out soon.

At the same time, the Poodle book is coming along, though it is waiting for me to gather more photos from poodle owners who want to show off their dogs.

There is much to come, but I have to get back to my knitting. I'll try to post more soon.


No comments: